“We bring who we are to what we do.”
~ Tim Cusack
Tim has entertained and touched tens of thousands over the past 25 years. To imagine Tim’s work, think of him as a combination of Garrison Keillor, Robin Williams and the Dalai Lama. Tim is the rare speaker who can open himself up with an incredible candor that makes each event special. As a recent client described, “Tim has a way of balancing humor with impact and then inspiring action through engagement.”
Tim developed his versatility and unique approach as one of ten children, raised on a beef farm in Michigan. With an undetected learning disability, Tim barely made it through school. While figuring out who he was and what he wanted to do, he traveled the country working as a ranch hand, ski resort dishwasher, prep cook, house painter and Christmas tree trimmer. Tim also ventured to Alaska to work on fishing boats in the Bering Sea (aka “World’s Deadliest Catch”).
Eventually Tim convinced Grand Valley State University to let him attend and he re-learned to read and write. In college Tim discovered the life-changing world of psychology and theater. He then traveled the country with a professional children’s theater troupe, and worked with the founder of Second City Improv.
Tim has recorded hundreds of radio commercials—he’s known to create content and humor on the spot. As a member of the Screen Actor’s Guild, Tim has filmed numerous industrial videos and TV commercials where, once again, he helps improve the client’s message. He’s also co-hosted a morning radio talk show helping people enjoy their morning with a few laughs to start the day.
In his spare time, Tim volunteers with Hospice and Gilda’s Club. He is a trained member of the Red Cross and the Network 180 Crisis Response Team. Tim enjoys cycling, running and tennis. Recently he tried his hand at boxing and in-line skating.
Tim In The News
- Grand Valley State University, BS Psychology
- Flippen Group: Leadership Series – Human Performance, Capturing Kids Hearts, Process Champions
- BizFutures: Leadership Training at the world famous Pike Place Fish Market, Seattle, WA
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine: Positive Psychology
- New England Educational Institute: Thomas Moore on Spirituality in Psychotherapy
- The Healing Power of Compassion Training, Sogyal Rinpoche
- Community Mental Health Crisis Phone Line Training
- Hospice of Michigan Training
- Red Cross Disaster Relief Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training
- Psychodrama Training: Pine Rest Christian Hospital, Onsite Treatment Center
- Trained with Paul Sills, Founder of Second City